Helpful Fundraising Tips, Please:
- LOIs or applications must be submitted through our online process.
- Do not send the "common application" form. We will send it back as it contains way too much information.
- Always refer to the Foundation as the Charles D. Jacobus Family Foundation in any communications or acknowledgement of gifts. This avoids any confusion with the other Jacobus Family Foundations. Informally, please use "CDJFF."
- Read everything carefully and follow instructions.
- If you do have questions, please email Missy MacLeod at email@example.com. I like to speak with grantees and like to make sure that grant requests are appropriate. I try to return calls within a week.
- Cover letters (within the online application process) are important; please make cover letters concise. Please include a brief one-page summary of your organization, a brief summary of the project you want funded and the amount of the request. The cover letter is the one piece the Board of Directors always sees. If it is too long, they lose interest.
- Please note that your website can be used for all other information – lists of staff and board members, evidence of your tax-exempt status, annual reports, audited reports, your most recent 990PF, and any marketing materials or brochures – to keep costs down.
- Requests for $7,500 or more must have a site visit to be considered for the November 1st deadline. All Healthy Children's Initiative requests must have a site visit.
- Applications that are in before noon on deadline dates are very much appreciated. Applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. CST on deadline dates.